Chippokes State Park Campground
The park has two campgrounds; the maximum occupancy per campsite is six.
Site Cost: $33 per night or $67 for group site
Campground B has 18 water and electric sites that are up to 50 feet long and accept 30 and 50-am current. RV guests and those with longer rigs prefer these longer sites, which are less shady than those in Campground A. The sites are paved and level; some are pull-through, however such sites can't be guaranteed. The sites have a gravel "living space" area. Campground B has one ADA-compliant site near its ADA-accessible bathhouse, which has a laundry facility.
Also in Campground B is a group camping area with four tent sites. They're for tents only, and have no electric/water hookups. Maximum occupancy is 24 (six per site). Group sites that accommodate more than six people have a higher cancellation fee than do regular campsites. The group sites are not near Campground A's group sites.
Site Cost: $30 per night or $67 for group site
Campground A has 32 wooded sites with electric and water; they can accommodate tents, pop-ups and RVs up to 30 feet long. Most sites aren't level. There's one ADA-compliant site here near an ADA-compliant bathhouse with showers. The amphitheater, just-behind the bathhouse, is also by this loop. Sites accept 20 and 30-amp current. Tent campers prefer these sites because they're shadier than those in Campground B.
Also in Campground A is a group camping area with four tent sites. They're for tents only and have no electric/water hookups. Maximum occupancy is 24 (six per site). Group sites that accommodate more than six people have a higher cancellation fee than do regular campsites. The group sites are not near Campground B's group sites.
Regarding Campgrounds A and B:
- Across from the pool area; some sites are closer than others to the pool.
- Fire rings are at each campsite; may make campfires or cook with charcoal.
- Firewood is for sale.
- Day visitors to overnight campers must leave park by 10 p.m. and park in pool area, which is also parking for overflow autos. Visitors will be charged parking fee.
- Swimming free with overnight cabin or campsite. No refunds are given should swimming be unavailable for any reason.
- All camping equipment and vehicles must fit within designated site borders. Overflow parking is at the pool area.
- A maximum of two vehicles, in addition to camping unit, are allowed per site. Additional vehicles must be parked in the overflow parking lot and the daily parking fee must be paid per vehicle.